Fort Bliss Bowling Center
Bldg. 2949, Fort Bliss, TX 79916 - (915) 568-6272/1685
A 52-lane mega-bowling center awaits you on post. Desert Strike Lanes comes complete with a computerized scoring system, a meeting area, children's playroom and four certified coaches on staff. Enjoy Pro Connection, our fully-stocked pro shop; Fun Zone arcade with video games, air hockey and billiards; Strike Zone, our full-service snack bar with a great short-order and pizza menu; and Strike Lounge, our full-service bar.
Strike Lounge features wide-screen TVs and entertainment, while Strike Zone, our snack bar, features daily lunch specials,and a full short-order menu. Desert Strike Lanes is also available for small parties.
Join us for Desert Nightz! We offer two special sessions of this glow-in-the-dark play land; join us every Friday and Saturday night for Desert Nightz. This is a dance club atmosphere that rocks Desert Strike Lanes with its state of the art sound system.
- All You Can Bowl for $6.50 per person, excluding shoe rental, every Sunday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Bowlers may be assigned to lanes with mulitple guests to facilitate increased patronage. Center management will make determination. No cross-lane or league-style play available during all you can bowl. Promotion subject to lane availability and event programming.
- Blue Pin Special: Desert Strike Lanes offers a free game coupon for patrons who throw a strike when the blue pin is in the head pin or “1” pin position. The front desk must be notified of the blue pin shot before the actual delivery is made. If a strike is earned, a free game coupon will be issued for use during a future visit to the bowling center. Free games can not be combined with other offers.
- Bowling Lunch Special: Any authorized patron purchasing a "Lunch Special" at Strike Zone will be able to bowl one free game during the same day visit. The offer is only valid from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday - Friday. Patron must present receipt to front desk for free game coupon. Free games can not be combined with other offers.
- Coaching Analysis: Come to the center and improve your scores. Personal video analysis is available from USBC-certified coaches.
- Bowling Parties: Desert Strike Lanes offers a variety of birthday party packages for a minimum of six kids. View available packages online. To reserve your party, call 568-6272 or come by Bldg. 2949 for more information. All parties require a party contract.
- Thirsty Thursdays: From 6pm-10pm the Strike Lounge will offer $1 domestic drafts and $2 well drinks. For more information, call 568-6272.
- Freaky Fridays: From 6pm-10pm the Strike Lounge will offer $1 domestic drafts and $2 well drinks. For more information, call 568-6272.
Join Desert Strike Lanes for a state-of-the-art good time. Desert Nightz gets under way every Friday and Saturday night from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. and costs $12 per bowler (shoes included). Get a strike, have some drinks, and hang out with friends during this glow-in-the-dark play land and club-like atmosphere. The center’s lounge features a wide-screen TV, dancing and entertainment. The snack bar features a full short-order menu. Call 568-6272 for more information.
Family and MWR would like to remind individuals with a "Wounded Warrior Card" that they are entitled to the following discounts:
- Free games of bowling and free shoe rental at Desert Strike Lanes.
- Free club rental, free cart rental and free green fees at George V. Underwood Golf Complex.
- Free usage of Family and MWR park facilities.
- Free equipment rental at Family and MWR park facilities.
For more information, contact the Bowling Center at 568-6272/1685 and the Golf Complex at 562-2066 or 562-1273.
Visit Strike Lounge at Desert Strike Lanes, our full-service bar with multiple video screens for your sports, music and recreational entertainment. Strike Lounge offers the high-end look with a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for all to enjoy. The Strike Lounge is unavailable for rental for the hours of 6pm-close for Friday and Saturday nights, but is available for rental otherwise. Info: (915) 568-6272/1685
Desert Strike Lanes presents the newly renovated FUN ZONE. The FUN ZONE arcade offers pool tables, air hockey, a music juke box and video games both classic and modern for all family members to enjoy. Take a break and play a game.
The Pro Connection
Desert Strike lanes is proud to present "The Pro Connection" for all you bowling supply and coaching needs. The Pro Connection offers great product choices and friendly customer service. The Pro Connection is the only pro shop in the Fort Bliss and El Paso area to have an International Bowling & Pro Shop Instructor Association (IBPSIA) certified technician and United States Bowling Congress Silver certified coach on staff. Get all your bowling equipment professionally and technically fitted and drilled at the best shop in the town. The Pro Connection at Desert Strike Lanes: Where bowling starts and competition begins!
Locker Rentals- Secure you bowling equipment in a locker at the Bowling Center for $18 per year.
Bowling Center News
Family and MWR patrons: Please be advised that on Friday, March 7th from 7-11pm and Monday, March 10 from 7-11pm all credit card machines and WebTrac will be down for scheduled maintenance. ATMs are available at some of our facilities for your use during this outage. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Located just inside Desert Strike Lanes, Strike Zone offers wonderful lunch specials and a great short-order and pizza menu. You can also schedule birthday parties and special functions at the center, along with any catering needs you may have.
Stop by Desert Strike Lanes between 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. every weekday for a hot lunch special. Every Wednesday, you can enjoy their schnitzel plate and every, Thursday features a seafood special and Fridays special is fried catfish- each are only $7.60.
Pro Shop (568-7974)
Tuesday 12-7:30pm (Closed for lunch daily)
Wednesday 12-7:30pm (Closed for lunch daily)
Thursday 11:30am-6:30pm (Closed for lunch daily)
Friday 12pm-7:30pm (Closed for lunch daily)
Snack Bar Hours of Operation:
Desert Strike Lanes has three USBC-certified coaches on staff who teach basic fundamentals such as approach, technique, lane courtesy, and the various mental aspects of bowling. In addition, they train participants on the rules of the game, help with equipment purchase, and most of all, show you how to have fun! Personal coaching is available by appointment from $20 to $60 per hour. Video Analysis can also be purchased as part of your personal bowling development program. For any information, contact Desert Strike Lanes at 568-6272.
Bowling! Bowling! Bowling! What is it to you? Is bowling really a sport? How do you approach your game?
These are all questions that we have all asked ourselves at one time or another in our bowling career. Bowling is something we find both competitive and fun. It is in this that we must look at how we visualize the game to define how we will prepare for open or league play. Just because you average is 120 and not 220 doesn't mean that you are any better or worse than the 220 average bowlers. It is just the mental and physical approach to the game. The main differences between bowling levels are the carry percentage (strikes) and spare conversion for every game a bowler bowls. What we must do as bowlers is define to ourselves what is acceptable vs. what is the goal. In bowling you may be willing to accept that having fun at all times, non practice and the ability to bowl as a social gather are acceptable as the goal each time you visit a bowling center. On the other hand, a bowler may not be willing to accept low scores nor set a goal to practice to improve. Lastly, the same bowler may come to a point that they want increased scores and improvement, thus the goal would be to improve through practice. Practice! Practice! Practice!
Whatever skill level the bowler may be, the above questions and ideas are something that we must define in our pursuit to become better bowlers in the sport of bowling. Setting goals in any sport starts with the individual writing a list of what they wish to accomplish. This could be as simple as:
- Spare shooting – picking up more corner pins
- Mental focus – deciding what shot you will play before you step on the approach
- Equipment – changing from a plastic ball to a reactive resin ball
- Fun – having fun while maintaining focus of the moment
All in all, every bowler has the same potential to improve! This is all dependent on what? What the bowler wants out of their game. At times we all go through a time when we need help. No matter how good or bad we may think we are…..proper practice techniques and guidelines are better than poor practice techniques. Find a United States Bowling Congress Certified Coach near you! BOWL! BOWL! BOWL!
Desert Strike Lanes has automatic bumpers controlled by the system allowing families of all ages to bowl together with little interruption.
When a small child is bowling with a group, the child's name may be flagged during game set up at the scoring terminal. Then, every time the child goes up to bowl, the bumpers will automatically rise. Afterward, when the child has completed his or her turn and an adult comes up to bowl, the bumpers will automatically lower, allowing the game to continue with minimal disruption.
The bumpers are controlled by air-compressed bars and act like guardrails when raised.
All parties require a 48-hour notice.
Contracts must be completed in person
at the bowling center. Party favors and hats provided.
The Dog Package
Total cost per child ..........$8.50
Total cost per child ..........$8.75
The Pizza Package
Total cost per child ..........$8.75
The Full Bliss
Your best value!
All above packages are available during Thunder Alley bowling Fridays and Saturdays for $13.50 per person.
All birthday packages include shoe rental, party hats and balloons. Minimum 6 guests and must sign party contract 48 hours in advance.
MWR Highlighted Sponsor