What can the School Liaison Office (SLO) do for you?
Coordinate and assist school-age and youth of military parents with educational opportunities and information necessary to achieve academic success.
Work in partnership with local schools to provide caring adults to enhance the education experience
- Formalize the Army School Liaison Program
- Promote parent involvement by Army parents of school-age children in their students’ education
- Provide Army parents of school-age children the tools they need to overcome obstacles to education that stem from the military lifestyle
- Promote and educate local communities and schools on the needs of military children
“Parents and families are the first and most important teachers. If families teach a love of learning, it can make all the difference in the world to the children.”
HOW CAN THE SCHOOL LIAISON OFFICE HELP ME
- Assists parents in locating points of contact in the schools and makes referrals as appropriate
- Maintains resource materials to assist parents in understanding the policies and procedures of the El Paso school system
- Maintains resource materials to assist parents in understand the policies and procedures of the El Paso school system
LEAVING FORT BLISS
Soldiers with children ages infant through 18 will out process through CYSS and SLO for an explanation of services that will help ease the transition, transfer CYSS records, and school information. All Soldiers with school age children must complete a withdrawal form, have it signed by the school and present to CYSS/SLO when clearing. Click here to access form. Click here for Transition Tips
NEW TO FORT BLISS
All Soldiers with children, ages infant through 18 will in process CYSS/SLO for information on services and resources to ease the transition.